top of page
  • pflagcentraloregon

Hike & More!

Hello everyone! 

Next PFLAG Meeting will be April 9th, 630 PM at Lutheran Nativity Church. I will work on announcing plans of what the tone of conversation will be within the next two weeks.

That being said, we have decided to plan a hike! Saturday April 20th 11 AM at Smith Rock State Park. You can do a guided hike with our host last night, Jennifer, or roam free knowing there is a supportive community around. 

There is a $5 parking fee, if you are cash strapped email here for coordination of parking ticket.

Please only apply if you need assistance, our resources are minimal.

Thank you for the spectacular attendance and wonderful conversations last night.

Jennifer provided incredible insight for hiking safety as well as a picture show one cannot forget! Thank you for sharing your life work with us.

Sometimes, the universe puts people into your path with similar ideology and today we had an unintended guest who provided a chance for the community! The guests from Heart of Oregon who are creating an LGBTQIA Crew for conservation. There are only 5 spots available for ages between 16-18ish. I have attached the PDF below. Maddie will be forging a new path for inclusion and we celebrate that in every single darn way! 

A few other individuals came forward and wanted to provide services. While Central Oregon may be a desert (pun absolutely intended) for healthcare, there are still options over the mountain. I'll be working on a resource page on our website as well.

Last but not least it's come to my attention that Pride is coming back to Drake Park this year, I don't have a lot of details but Pride Coalition in hand with OCO I believe. What an outstanding step to community service. As we all know... I have strong feelings about staying in Drake Park for history and visibility. 

Local New Source: Natlie Schwartzbauer - QMHP 

Portland New Resource: Paige Meyers-Matthews, LPC, CADC 1

13 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Deepest Apologies

January 9th, 2023 the board unanimously decided to cancel the meeting at Brosterhous due to inclement weather. We shared cancellation on FB and our email chain but I was bed bound and not able to acce


bottom of page